Women just love to change the look, but did you know that chemically treated hair need double of care? Every woman knows (or should know) that chemicals damage the hair and leave it looking undertreated. However, you can and should take proper care in the comfort of your home.
Chemically treated Hair
Dyeing, progressive brush, relaxation and straightening are procedures that damage the hair, as it end up losing vitamin, nourish, amino acids, proteins and keratin. To have beautiful, shiny and soft hair it is necessary replace the lost vitality. We separate some tips for you to take care of your hair at home and feel as if you are in the hair salon.
- Try washing your hair with warm or cold water, as the hot water dries and causes oil on the scalp.
- Look for shampoos and conditioners specially designed for chemically treated hair, as they are usually made with pH from 4.5 to 5.5, preventing the products from leaving very fast. Kerensa has an exclusive line with shampoo, conditioner, treatment mask, repairing and revitalizing spray. Home Care Post-Chemical line promises deep repair of damaged, smoothed, dyed and chemically treated hair.
- Protect your hair from the sun. Just like the skin, hair undergo through changes due to solar radiation. It is important to use proper sunscreen for the hair. You do not want rusty and dried hair, right?
- Before using dryers and flat iron, be sure to protect the hair with leave-in or thermal protection spray. This will protect the hair from heat and create an anti-moisture barrier.
- Do not perform many chemical processes at once. The scalp and hair become brittle and need some rest before the next procedure. Try, for example, to dye the hair and perform a progressive brush after two weeks.